Everyone struggles with building and running a business. Everyone. Including me.
It’s not just beginners either, or people in their first year, or second year, or third.
Here’s the deal: Struggling is appropriate and normal for the stage you’re at, no matter what that stage is.
There’s a lot to learn and figure out in the process of building an online business. A lot…especially at the beginning. For example:
- The technology for your website and processing payments.
- The copywriting/text that will go on your site.
- What to sell people.
- Figuring out if there’s a market for what you want to sell.
- Content marketing.
- Paid advertising.
- Search engine optimization.
- Pricing of your products, programs, and services.
- How to launch those products, programs, and services.
- How to build your email list.
- How to run an online course with hundreds of people in it.
And those are just a handful of things from the larger group of things you need to get a handle on in order to create a successful online business. It’s a lot, and it’s not easy to learn.
Building and running a business is hard. Really hard. You will feel like stopping. Many times. And you know what? That’s okay. Keep going anyway. I felt like stopping a couple of weeks ago, again, and I’ve been at this for 9 years. [Read more…]